Our customer is a large public multi-utility company, providing some half million customers with energy, water and environmental services.
The project deals with the planning of the environmental services for whom the company would be granted a 20 year concession as leading operator of the province. The environmental services include:
- municipal solid waste collection
- waste selection and recycling
- waste treatment and disposal
- municipal cleaning and snow clearing services.
Scope of Work.
The scope of work included the following activities:
- analysis of the business organization and performance indicators
- detailed analysis of the operations, including material balance of the collected wastes and characterization of all the facilities
- appraisal of the fixed assets
- analysis of the applicable tariffs
- preparation of a detailed business plan to be submitted to the municipal Authorities.
The preparation of the business plan enabled the company to reconsider its operating procedures and to refine the planning of the required investments in compliance with the cash flow constraints.
The company furthermore obtained the desired concession.