Our customer is a world leader in Helium production and distribution, that owns and operates the following facilities:
- Helium production facilities in North America
- Additional Helium sources in MENA countries
- A network of transfill facilities and supply systems strategically located worldwide
- Worldwide distribution centres
- Helium shipped anywhere in the world (by land, sea and air)
Gaseous Helium is stored and transported in tube trailers, receivers, modules and cylinders.
Liquid Helium is stored and transported in dewars and bulk supply containers, depending on the volume required.
We have analyzed the European market of Helium, with focus on the demand side, identifying the trends in terms of volumes and prices.
Focus of the Research and Approach.
The research has focused on the following market applications.
- Fibre Optics manufacturing
- MRI (hospital) hospitals
- NMR equipment (OEM and hospitals)
- Aerostat/Balloons advertising/lifting
- Professional diving
- Leak detection
- Electronics semiconductors manufacturing
- Air bags
- Research centres for superconductivity research
The research is carried out in two phases as follows:
- Phase 1 – Preliminary research and review of findings (based on the analysis of a limited sample)
- Phase 2 – Deepening of the research (based on a larger or focused sample)
Three market segments may be analyzed separately:
- Helium production,
- Wholesale supply of helium, and
- Distribution of helium, the latter being possibly further subdivided based on different distribution methods.
Most of helium production derives from natural gas fields. The availability of crude helium often derives from joint developments with oil & gas companies.
Wholesale supply is ensured by logistic centers (transfill stations) that receive bulk liquid supply from production plants and distribute the product to the End Users and to regional or local dealers.
Distribution to retail customers may be handled by regional and local distributors that may be part of the organization of the major industrial gas companies.